The New York Times Best Sellers List is a good place to start. Here is what currently tops the list for fiction:
- A DOG’S PURPOSE by W. Bruce Cameron – 8 weeks on the List
A canine narrator undergoes a series of reincarnations.
2. A MAN CALLED OVE by Fredrik Backman – 36 weeks on the List
A curmudgeon’s gruff exterior masks a generosity of spirit. Originally published in Sweden in 2014.
- NEVER NEVER by James Patterson and Candice Fox – 2 weeks on the List
Harriet Blue, a Sydney sex crimes detective, is sent to the outback (the never never) to investigate the disappearance of a mine worker. The first in a new series.
- POWER GAME by Christine Feehan – NEW this week
A super-soldier with enhanced abilities teams up with a genetically engineered spy in this Ghostwalker novel.
- DARK HUMANITY by Gwynn White and various authors – NEW this week
A boxed set of science fiction and fantasy offerings.
- ACCIDENTALLY ON PURPOSE by Jill Shalvis – NEW this week
A security expert starts to sabotage Elle’s love life.
- THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN by Paula Hawkins – 101 weeks on the List
A psychological thriller set in the environs of London is full of complications and betrayals.
- THE WHISTLER by John Grisham – 14 weeks on the List
A whistleblower alerts a Florida investigator to judicial corruption involving the Mob and Indian casinos.
- MILK AND HONEY by Rupi Kaur – 7 weeks on the List
Poetic approaches to surviving adversity and loss.
- THE APARTMENT by Danielle Steel – 4 weeks on the List
Four young women share a Hell’s Kitchen loft.